24 March 2007

USB OBD2 interface cable

Last night I bought an USB OBD2 interface cable on Ebay for my CityBug.
I'm going to use this cable to connect my CityBug to my computer. With this cable and the right software you can diagnose your car and reset fault codes for example. OBD stands for On Booard Diagnose.

The cable I bought is an USB KKL Vag-Com Compatible Cable Dual-K line, compatible with version 409.1.

More info coming soon!!

Here is an example image of the cable I bought.


You have to connect the OBD2 cable to the OBD2 plug of your car.
This OBD2 plug looks like this.


Here is an example image of some software.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you read the instant fuel consumption through the obd2 connection?

REFZ said...

At he moment I don't know for sure if the consumption is one of the things OBD will show. As soon as I have the cable I will test all kinds of software I already downloaded. I will keep you posted about this om my blog.

Anonymous said...

Any news on the obd2 connection?

REFZ said...

Probably next week I will have some news about the OBD interface.