19 April 2007

USB OBD Canbus Interface

Today I installed my USB OBD Canbus Interface on my laptop and I took it all into my Peugeot 107. This is the first time I work with OBD. To test the setup I justed ScanTool 1.13 (freeware). The first test was OK everything is working fine. I don't have any faultcodes, happy me ;-) The software is not a full version so many thing don't work. So I will search for some more software to test it and I hope I can show you some new results very soon. I made 2 pictures of the screen of my laptop with my phone-cam, click on the image to enlarge.

This image: engine on - stationary - approx. 900 revs.


This image: engine on - some extra gas - approx. 1600 revs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am interested in this,
i discuss this subject and the various possibilities here :
http://lestriplettes.superforum.fr/La-reunion-des-triplettes-c4/Quand-ca-concerne-les-3-modeles-f17/-p712.htm#712

Chris said...

Interesting stuff indeed!
Which protocol do you use: ISO 9141-2 or ISO 11898 (CAN)?
Where is the OBD connector located?

Regs,

Chris.

REFZ said...

Hi Cris,

The CityBugs use the ISO 9141-2 protocol. And the OBD connector is located at the right of the stearing wheel at the height of your knees.