28 July 2007

Ferrite clamps to reduce noice of the Bi-Xenon lights

Some time ago I installed a HID Bi-Xenon conversion kit on my Peugeot 107.
After this installation I had some noise problems on the radio signal of my favourite radio station. So I searched the internet for information about this problem and I found out that a ferrite clamp could solve this problem. To test it I used two ferrite clamps of an "old" USB cable I never use.

When I switched the lights on I didn't have any noise on the radio signal anymore. At the moment I don't have any road experience but the problem is probably solved.

EDIT:
Last night I have been driving my car with the Bi-Xenon lights on and my favourite radio station and there is really no noice on the radio signal anymore. So I'm very happy with this modification.

Here you see two pictures of the ferrite clamps (grey blocks).


No comments: