04 March 2007

Punto Rear Wiper Mod

The standard rear wiperarm of the CityBug is a little bit small and I don't really like the shape of it. So I was thinking of a small mod to get a larger wiperarm. When I was thinking of this mod I remembered that I once bought a rear wiperarm of a Fiat Punto on a scrapyard for my Peugeot 205 GTI. I never used the wiperarm because I used a wiperarm of a Renault Clio (mkI) on the 205 GTI. So I took the Punto rear wiperarm and I looked if this was an option for the CityBug.

The rear wiperarm of the Punto is a little bit larger that the standard version and I also like the shape of the Punto wiperarm. The standard wiperarm uses a 30cm/12" wiperblade and the Punto wiperarm uses a 32,5cm/13" wiperblade.

There is only a small difference between the installation of the wiperarm. The standard wiperarm is mounted on a 8mm axle and the Punto wiperarm is mounted on a 6mm axle. So you have to drill the hole of the Punto wiperarm a little bit larger. When you have done that you can mount the Punto wiperarm on the axle of the CityBug.


Click on the images for a larger version

Before
After

No comments: